I connected a blue tooth keyboard up to the Toshiba 7″ Encore Tablet and I must say it is a lot easier to type this post. Since this is the second post about this little tablet let’s talk a minute about some of the trade offs you might want to consider when buying a smaller tablet compared to the 10″ models.
- First is the screen size itself. You will either need good eye sight or reading glasses when you work with this or any 7″ tablet.
- The touch keyboards. They are good for taking quick notes but if you really want to type you will want a blue tooth keyboard.
Let’s table about some of the selling points or positive points.
- The 7″ tablet is very light! You can carry it all day and feel like you have nothing in your bag.
- Full Windows Pro operating system. This makes it nice in that you can install all of your favorite apps that you are use to running on your computer.
- Your apps will load but you have to understand that you don’t have a lot of hard drive space. I installed the full version of Office 2013 and had to remove it to make room for other apps.
At the end of the day the 7″ will find it’s place in your work flow. But looking at the smaller screen for a long time will make you want something larger. But for catching up on your online world and reading some news this device will find it’s way into your heart. And if you are looking for something for your kids for Christmas then the 7″ form factor will fit the bill.